Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I had a surprise call from Tim Owens at 5pm this past Sunday.Tim gave lot’s of updated information and I’ll do my best to capture it though please know I am sure to have missed some points

Everyone is doing well and they have been quite busy. On Friday the LIFT team took down a playground that was in very poor condition and put up a new playground – all in one day. It was a blessing to see the kids playing on it once it was done.They have been busy with work projects; one work project involved remodeling one of the missionaries homes that was in very bad condition. They have been very involved with all kinds of youth events. It seems that racing is a big part of the Hopi culture and the LIFT team got involved with a 5K race the other day. On Sunday they lead part of the church service including worship. They have been involved in some of the after church youth groups geared toward JHS and HS kids., one of which is called Jumpstart which is almost LIFT-like in it's approach. Know that everyone is doing well and I know there would be more to tell but I couldn’t retain it all. Know that they are doing well and continue to need prayers. Later this week they go off into the canyon for their adventure trip.
Also - If I understood Tim correctly, there is no cell service on the reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment